Momofuku Noodle Bar Fried Chicken
We FINALLY made it to the most talked about fried chicken meal in the city and it all lived up to the hype.
Above is the first attempt at a gif here (Gif Shop app was free this week!). We will keep messing with them. I’m sure you agree the world needs more fried chicken gifs.
Alrighty, reviews about Momofuku’s famed fried chicken are plentiful so we will keep this to a quick rundown of details and recommendations:
- Two types of chicken - Southern-style and Korean
- Southern is brined overnight and battered with buttermilk, salt, pepper, Old Bay, and cayenne
- Korean is double fried and smothered with some very awesome Bibim sauce
- Four side sauces are all super terrific
- Ginger-Scallion, Hoisin, Bibim, Garlic-Jalepeno
- Make your own ginger-scallion sauce at home. It was fucking amazing.
- We all enjoyed the Korean more than Southern-style but the condiments were by far the best we’ve ever had with any fried chicken. The Southern-style was the perfect canvas for the sides.
- Reservations are easier to come by than when they first offered the meal
- Momofuku accepts reservations of four to eight guests but we would recommend going with only five or six friends your first visit so you can comprehensively stuff yourself
- This is some of the best fried chicken in the city
Momofuku Noodle Bar Fried Chicken (foursquare)
171 1st Ave (btw 10th & 11th St)
East Village, NYC